Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mexico Trip - Day Nine

March 15, 2013

     Today is the day that we traveled from La Paz to Los Cabos.  We woke up after getting to sleep in a bit and finished packing our stuff and checked out the Seven Crown - Malecon.  Check out took a while but that was fine with me because we all chilled on the beach for a while, while Dina and Tony took care of the finance side of things.
     After we checked out, we hopped in the van and began our drive from La Paz to Los Cabos.  On the way we stopped in Todos Santos again and I got my chance to buy the natural homemade honey for my boyfriend, Justin.  In addition to this, we got a chance to stop, see, and walk around the Hotel California.  This hotel was really beautiful and I took a significant amount of photos.
     Across the street from the Hotel California was a little shop where I was able to find a beautiful blue moon-sun vase to bring back home as a personal souvenir.  I was a little short on pesos and the merchant was nice enough to give it to me a little cheaper because he could see how much I loved it.  I was and am really grateful for that because it is one of my favorite items that I bought.
     After we finished up in the store, we hopped back in the van and finished our drive to Los Cabos.  We checked into our beautiful hotel.  This hotel was probably my favorite hotel that we stayed at.  It was cozy, welcoming, and beautiful (and the food there was delicious).  I was able to take a little time to get settled in and relax.  Then, it was time for us to go on the boat.
     Some of our tour guides decided that it would be fun to give us the Cabo experience by taking us on a boat tour of the arch.  This boat was large, had a delicious dinner prepared, and a plethora of beverages.  There was music and dancing and many many pictures of the arch and I had a blast.  It was wonderful.  We got to watch the sunset while on the boat.
     After the boat tour ended, our group walked the boardwalk in order to check out some of the places nearby.  As we were walking along the boardwalk, many small children came up to us trying to sell little trinkets.  It was hard to refuse them but we had to because they are being forced to work to make money that typically will make it back to the mobs and gangs around.  It is really really sad.
     From there we checked out a number of different places (restaurants, bars, etc.) to get a feel for the nighttime culture in Los Cabos.  It was really fun to be able to relax and just have fun with little worries.
     After a while, Kayleen wanted to head back to the hotel to change before heading back out.  I was grateful for this because I was reaching my limit and was ready to hit the hay.  So while some of the group went back out on the town, I got ready for bed and had a wonderful sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment