Sunday, April 28, 2013

Mexico Trip - Day Eleven (Last Day)

March 17, 2013
     Our last day began with waking up, finishing packing, and checking out of our hotel in Cabos.  After we checked out of our hotel, we drove to San Jose and found a place to stop for breakfast.  We stopped at a cute little outdoor restaurant (almost every restaurant we went was not fully enclosed.  There was always part of it outside) where I had some delicious breakfast and a smoothie.
     After we finished breakfast, we arrived at the airport and spent a long time getting our bags checked, going through customs, etc.  Once we got on the plane, I settled in to read my book and take a nap.
     We landed in Denver, Colorado at the Denver airport and had to go through customs again and spent a couple hours in line to officially arrive back in the United States.  Then, we had a 5-7 hour layover in Denver till we could board the plane to Fargo, North Dakota.
     We were all hungry while we were waiting so we stopped at a cafeteria-like place for some food.  I had some macaroni and cheese and it was so delicious after not having it for a long time.  I was a very happy camper.  I was even happier when we stopped at Ben and Jerry's for some United States ice cream.  The ice cream in Mexico was good but not as good as some cookies and cream ice cream in the states.  After that, I was satisfied to wait the hours till we could board the plane.
     After the ice cream, we walked to the other side of the airport to find our gate.  Then we found a seat and got comfortable.  Some of us took a nap, some went to the bar upstairs.  As for me, I sat down and started reading one of my books for class.  After a couple hours we started finding out about how bad the weather in Fargo was getting.  We were worried that we would get delayed and not be able to make it to Fargo in time to attend classes on Monday.
    We ended up getting a 13 minute delay and had a stressful landing in Fargo but arrived close to on time, which was nice.  Even nicer was that classes were cancelled due to the weather so I had some time to regroup to Fargo before jumping back into the swing of things because we landed in Fargo Monday morning at 1am and I would have had class at 12 noon.
     When I was at the Baggage Claim picking up my bags, I got in contact with my boyfriend who was coming to pick me up.  After he parked, he came inside to greet me and had a big bouquet of flowers for me.  It was so sweet and I was so happy to see him that I ran across the airport room to hug him.  It was wonderful to see him.
     It was a wonderful and amazing trip that I loved but I was definitely glad to be home.

The end,

Olivia 

No comments:

Post a Comment