Sunday, April 28, 2013

Evaluation and Recommendations

     I loved being a part of this Cultural Diversity Practicum/Mexico Trip.  I learned so much and got to experience so many new activities and moments.  I would definitely recommend to anyone that they should complete their Cultural Diversity Practicum outside of the United States because there is so much more that you can learn because not only are you in a new environment, you are in a different culture and country.  There are infinitely more things you can learn about not only teaching and diversity, but about yourself.  When you put yourself in a completely different and unfamiliar environment, you are forced to live outside your comfort zone and you may discover something about yourself that you didn't know before.  For me, I am much more comfortable going into a school and being asked to do something on the fly now than and I was before.
     There is hardly anything that I would recommend for improving the experience.  I really only have one.  It would be nice to have the days you go to the three different schools in Mexico be spread out a bit more instead of back to back because it can be a bit overwhelming since it is three different schools instead of the same school three days in a row.  You never really have time to settle into your environment and since they are so close together, it is really easy to get the details mixed up in your head.  Other than that, I had an amazing time and would recommend it to anyone and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment