Thursday, October 4, 2012

Field Experience

Hello everyone,

     Over the past couple weeks I have begun and gotten used to having field experience in a 4th grade classroom on Monday and Wednesday mornings.  I really like being in the classroom and working with the students.  I also really like helping my teacher with grading and extra work that she needs to get done.  This last Wednesday, she said, "You are so efficient".  That made me feel really good because I pride myself on being efficient and want to do my best to help make her life easier while I am in the classroom. 
     While I love being in the classroom, getting up around 6am to be at school by 8 is a bit of a struggle.  It would be less of a struggle if I was able to go to bed fairly early  but since I have college classes, am a Resident Assistant, and have homework, this is not a realistic goal.  I hope that when I am a teacher I will be able to go to bed earlier so that it is not as hard to get up in the morning. 
     I really like the teacher that I have been assigned to for my field experience.  She is kind and treats the students with respect but still has a handle on the management of the classroom. I hope I will be as good of a teacher as she is when I start teaching.
     Thank you,
Olivia

1 comment:

  1. love the blog liv. nice design and layout, pleasing colors and good information. enjoyed your enlightening reflections

    ReplyDelete