Friday, October 25, 2013

80 Hour Practicum - Day Seven

As you probably have figured out by now, I add onto the lesson I teach every week.  Today I helped with the following teaching items:

  • Morning Routine
  • Reading a Picture Book
  • Spelling Test
  • Grading Papers
  • Distributing Papers
  • Leading students to gym and back from art
  • Helping students during lessons
  • Spelling/Word Lesson on -in and -ip words
I am glad that my cooperating teacher lets me teach and work with the students as much as she does because I need the time and experience in order to be successful in student teaching and as a teacher.

Speaking of student teaching, I asking my cooperating teacher if she thinks I am ready for student teaching.  She was honest with me, which I really appreciated, and said that she does not think I am ready yet but hopefully will be ready by the time I am done with my work with her.  She said, and I agree, that I do not have as much experience as others in my cohort/that she has worked with, because my 40 hour practicum teacher did not have me doing much other than grading.  

She told me that I can come teach and help in her classroom even after my 80 hours to help me get prepared for student teaching.  I will most likely take her up on this offer as I feel that I need as many experiences as I can get.

Speaking of new experiences, my cooperating teacher is letting me teach a math lesson next Friday.  I am both excited and nervous.  I hope it goes well.

Thank you,

Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment